A bit about us:
Hi! We're WaystoCap a Y Combinator startup backed by top tier VCs, and we are building a B2B marketplace in Africa.
A little more about what we do:
We do more than just a listing or marketplace site, and help our buyers and sellers go through the entire trade process more easily, efficiently, and improved with technology.
Here is a short video about us: The African Opportunity
We want every African business to be able to trade internationally, just like any company and take advantage of cutting edge tech to solve payments, logistics, and most importantly trust issues.
Your challenge as a developer:
You will lead a cross functional agile team to help build a strong and scalable products. The team will plan, design and build innovative solutions to unlock the trading internationally and in Africa. backed by a deep understanding of microservice architecture and high availability, you will build highly scalable platform.
We are looking for Backend developer able to:
- Build and maintain scalable services
- Design flexible API (REST, GraphQL)
- Deliver modern reliable and resilient services
- Share knowledge, evangelize best practices.
- Fluency in any backend server language, and expertise in relational databases and schema design.
- 5 - 8 years professional development experience
- Experience in programming with one of the following language: Golang, Node, Java, Scala
- Gatsby, other static site generators or Next.js experience
- Bootstrap, styled-components
- Web App Performance optimization
- Experience in software design and testing
- Experience in database and storage technologies (RDBMS, NoSQL,...)
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline
- Experience working and leading an agile team
What we offer:
- Product ownership and decision making in the entire development process
- Work with a talented team and learn from international advisors and investors
- Be involved in a fundamental company supporting development in Africa
- Very competitive salary and options package
- Have a voice in what tools you want us to use